Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Trailers for sale or rent.

I probably had to get out of dodge and go camping this weekend.
And by probably, I mean I absolutely had to.
I think it's safe to say it was a good weekend.






For those of you Southern Utah junkies,
we visited the following sites:
Horsethief Campground (BLM style)
Mesa Arch
Upper Rim Outlooks (2nd & 3rd)
Neck Spring 
Moab, UT
Moab Diner

And naturally we made a couple stops
in the metropolises of Price, UT (for some ice & ketchup)
and Wellington, UT (for a lighter). 
I'm fairly confident I could have started a fire
with my bare hands, but I do try and live by
the Boy Scout motto.

Additionally, Ally and I were extremely resourceful
and tore apart some of the BLM fence (barbed wire say waaa?)
to make our own marshmallow-roasting sticks.
S'mores are the third requirement for a successful camping trip
(after a tin foil dinner and a headlamp).

Finally, I need to talk about our tent.
A snuggly two-manner. And boy was it snuggly,
as evidenced by Ally's initial reaction upon seeing it:
"Oh glad to see you brought your tent
for your American Girl dolls."
Needless to say, the small-tent jokes never got old. Still haven't actually.
Last night I got into Ally's truck for round two of The Hunger Games
and she took one look at my small, leather side-strap bag and said, "Oh glad to see you brought our tent with you."

I've been trying to come up with a reason I shouldn't go camping over finals week, without success. So I imagine you'll be hearing more about those Southern Utah mountains soon.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy just me and you could go camping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, ice and ketchup, that ol' camping standby dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha yay! another blog to stalk! why have you never told me about this before? you're hilarious. also, i'm jealous of your weekend. southern utah is one of my favorite places. that is all.

    ReplyDelete