Sunday, May 20, 2012

It's that time.

Summer reading list:

What the Dog Saw by Malcolm Gladwell (√)
My First Summer in the Sierra by John Muir (√)
On the Road by Jack Kerouac (√)
East of Eden by John Steinbeck (√)
Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand (currently reading)
Blink by Malcolm Gladwell ( )
Everything That Rises Must Converge by Flannery O'Connor ( )
The History of Love by Nicole Krauss ( )
Ameritopia: The Unmaking of America by Mark R. Levin ( )
The Problem of Pain by C.S. Lewis

&

A Million Miles in a Thousand Years: 
What I Learned While Editing My Life by Donald Miller ( )

I have thoroughly enjoyed my choices thus far. Both East of Eden and On the Road rank in my top several favorite books of all time. They're both a bit of a time commitment, but if you have it, you've gotta read 'em. On the Road is particularly an awesome summer book, since it's all about Jack's road trip across America. The man lived that iconic American dream.

"Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry." --Jack Kerouac

I seriously love the guy.




No comments:

Post a Comment