Wednesday, August 10, 2011

For tonight:

1. In Your Atmosphere, John Mayer.


"I'm gonna steer clear.
I'd burn up in your atmosphere.
I'm gonna steer clear,
cause I'd die if I saw you,
I'd die if I didn't see you there.
So I don't think I'll go to L.A. anymore."

2. Between the Lines, Sara Bareilles


"Too late, two choices:
to stay or to leave.
Mine was so easy to uncover;
he'd already left with the other.
So, I'll learn to listen through silence.
Leave unsaid, unspoken.
Eyes wide shut, unopened.
You and me, always between the lines."

3. Someone Like You, Adele


"Nothing compares, no worries or cares;
regrets and mistakes, they're memories made.
Who would have known how
bittersweet this would taste?"

4. Breathe Again, Sara Bareilles


"Car is parked. Bags are packed.
But what kind of heart doesn't look back?
All those words came undone,
and now I'm not the only one
facing the ghosts that decide
if the fire still burns inside.

All I have. All I need is
the air I would kill to breathe.
Holds my love in his hands,
still I'm searching for something.
Out of breath, I am left hoping
someday, I'll breathe again."

No comments:

Post a Comment