Wednesday, May 11, 2011

"I know that I'm setting myself up for pain.

I know it all too well. But I'm going to do it anyway. Because that's what we do, as humans. I've watched us before. I watch us all the time. We're masochists. Sometimes it's in the name of joy, but a lot of the time, it's not. Joy is an irrelevant factor, isn't it. I didn't put a question mark there, because that wasn't a question. . .So here I am. Never learning my lesson. Doing the same thing and causing the same pain as before, and as the last time. And I will be here today, even though it's raining outside. And I will be here tomorrow, waiting in the rain. And I will be here the next day, waiting in the sunshine. I'll be here waiting. And when someone is waiting for me, I'll still be here waiting for you. Because I am human and I've watched us before and this is what we do. Wait. And feel pain."

2 comments: